Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Your Power

Niu-niu,

You are not even born yet, but you are already bringing joy and hope and love to our lives.

We've only seen grainy sonogram images of you on our doctor's visits. And your mother's tummy is becoming more beautiful and round every week. But beyond that you are just an "idea" - just an image in my mind.

We haven't yet heard you cry, fed you, changed your diapers or dressed you. Neither your mother nor I have any idea what it is going to feel like when we hold and cradle you. But already you have become everything that is important. Thinking about you quiets my mind and gives me the energy I need to build and cultivate our lives together.

You are so tiny yet, but you create a force that is strong enough to keep me standing upright against whatever may come our way. You are the reason for my smile today.

1 comment:

  1. Niu-niu, this name is an affectionate way of addressing a little girl in Northern China where your mommy is from. Coincidentaly, a baby tiger (the cutest and most curious looking there is) made debut in China this week with the same name. Also to share a little secrete that I haven't even shared with your daddy, when I was little, my parents lovingly called me kou-niu which meant sharp-tougued little girl in my local dialet.

    Have a great day, our baby!

    ReplyDelete